Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why trees?

I don’t really know if I can put a finger on it. It’s a lot of things.
There is something mysterious about them and like snow flakes there are not 2 alike. The leaves come and go and change colors. They can look almost dead in the winter but that’s when I like them the best. You see the bones all mangled and beautiful. I don’t cut them but I know that they have rings inside for how long they have been around. I really like that even though that’s not something you can see I just know its there and it makes me smile. I used to clime trees as a kid and it was to get away from this or that but the trees never failed me I was always protected by them. One time while staying at my grandparents there was a bad storm and the next morning one the trees that had been there as long as I have had been blown over. Even in this state were the tree will not survive it was still so impressive. Most of the ground around the tree had come up with it and it was like some one just cut out the tree and laid it on its side ground and all. You could see a lot of its roots and even the roots amazed me. Perhaps I need to find a new item in nature to admire and for a while I thought I paint to many trees I should find something else to paint. But trees make me happy and who cares what every one else thinks this is my art and I don’t paint for any one but me.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I say keep painting what you want, as long as you want to paint it.

    ReplyDelete