Monday, October 5, 2009

Dear Monday

You are a bitch

It started with being late to work and having to pay for parking. Which also made me late which is really not that big of a deal because I am almost the only one there at 7. Then I created, printed and saved 45 rec letters which then all had to be recreated, resaved and reprinted (don’t ask). This seams to be easy task and it is however it takes a time and this took my whole morning. Then I got stood up for lunch and while its no ones fault it still sucks to eat and drink alone when you think your going to see and visit with friends. When I got back to work I had 2 post docs start in one of my labs and while I have the process pretty down now it still takes a lot of paperwork and time. At the same time I needed to create a budget for another professor, extend a visa for a current post doc and reimburse travel for yet another professor that did not by the way tell me they had been traveling. All of this is to say that I not only did not have time to look at any fun sites today but I barely had time to pee and I even stayed late. Then home were with in the first 20 min of being out side and smoking all the cigarettes I didn’t get to smoke during the day I received 25 mosquito bites (yes I counted them). Then after seemingly giving up on the day my sister and I went to get come chicken for dinner and in my gravy what did I find oh yes a large black hair. I do not have black hair. My sister explains it as Mercury being in retrograde or some shit I explain it as a bad fucking day. So to you dear Monday I say you can kiss my ass.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry your Monday sucked and I contributed to that. :( I hated today too. Nothing good happened, and then it ended. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had such a crappy Monday. It is the bitchiest of all the days-- I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete